Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Leaf Garland


I'm not sure if anyone would be interested, but I thought I'd put this up here anyways, just in case. I made a leaf garland to help bring the Autumn spirit into the house and wanted to show you how I made it, in case you wanted to make one for yourself, too! I bought a pack of these silk leaves from the dollar section at Target. Man, I love anything for a dollar. Does this ever happen to you- you see something for a dollar and you have to buy it simply because it's such a great deal? It happens to me all the time, and I really REALLY have to get out of that habit. Dollars add up!


The leaves were kind of organized by shape and color in the bag, so I threw them around to mix them up.


Just start grabbing them off the pile and sew them into a long chain (leave long tails on the ends so you can tie it up if you want). You can also cut them to fit a certain space and resew them together and put them somewhere new!


I draped them along the mantle for some fun color contrast, and I have another package that I'm going to sew together and maybe put on the dining room chandelier or anywhere else I can think of. If you decide to make one, let me know, I want to see it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: