Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Halloween

I'm terribly behind in posting, so I've decided to just give you the major highlights and requests. Honestly, I'm sad it's taken me this long to post about Halloween considering how freakin' excited I was about all our costumes.
Kassie and I set up a tea party for our ward Trunk or Treat. It was pretty awesome.
Here's my Mad Hatter costume in all it's glory. I followed the tutorial here to make it. I ended up losing my size card EVERY SINGLE TIME I left the house. I have no idea how something that's been glued in happens to get away.
And Brighton went as Alice. I made her dress, and had so much fun doing it! And it only ended up costing me like $20 for her entire costume- which is kind of a lot for a little kid costume, but she wore it so many times, and even got to wear it to church on Sunday. Bonus!
Me, trying to look exceptionally insane with my scissors and a little bunny.
The group- Dale and Mason as Tweedledee and Tweedledum (I'll let you decide who's who), Kassie as the White Queen, Me as the Mad Hatter, Brighton as Alice, and Sawyer as the Rabbit. Yes, even the dog got in on it.

So much fun! I loved Halloween. I had people asking to take their picture with me at our Trunk or Treat and I won the costume contest at a Halloween party. Such a blast!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Amazing. You guys looked awesome!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

very fun. I also love the fact that you set up a tea party for the trunk or treat! Very fun! It is good to see your blog again. I was having withdrawls.

SeeJulieStamp said...

Your costumes are AWESOME! I'm so glad you shared.

Jessica said...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Nothing you do is half ______! you go all out! I love it! Never lose your creative drive, girl, the world would just not be as pretty!