Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Surprise Grandma Shower

I threw a "Grandma Shower" for a lady that I visit teach. She had all boys, and her daughter-in-law is due December 1st, bringing a baby granddaughter to the family. We were so excited for her to have a little girl of "her own" that we threw her a surprise baby shower. And of course, everything was pink!
I made Bakerella's Famous Red Velvet Cake Balls and Kraft's Cheddar Apple Pie Dip, which we big hits- so I thought I'd share the recipes. We also had veggies, mints, caramels, and PINK lemonade!
Here's all the ladies- The new grandma isn't paying attention because she's sending a text to her daughter-in-law telling them she's at her own surprise shower (and she doesn't really know how to text!).
She got a ton of great gifts for when the little miss comes to visit and lots of things to take to her when they finally meet. Congrats on Grandma-hood!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brianne said...

I've never heard of a Grandma shower before. How fun! I should tell my mom that her friends should throw her one ;-). I'm also very excited that Sue is going to have a new granddaughter... finally, more girls in that family!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

your red velvet balls turned out sooooo stinkin' cute. Wish I had known, I would have come to gobble some up. Congrats Sue!