Thursday, February 2, 2012

Burried Treasure

My Grandma sent up my Great-Grandma's china a few years ago and we just left it all in the boxes and Dale packed it up behind a whole bunch of his crap in the garage. Well, now with the move, I could get to the boxes and unpack all of it. I wasted time yesterday,not unpacking, but hand washing and drying all this stuff. It's actually really pretty and I could see myself using it. It's hard to tell, but the edge design is red and yellow, and the flowers are red, yellow, green and blue. They match my decor quite nicely.

There are 9 full place settings, but if I had a few more teacups and bowls then I'd have the full 12. I tried searching online (another hour, wasted) and it was really tough to find matching designs and see where this actually came from. I found a website that I can actually send them a picture of the design and the back of the plates and they can tell me what it is. The back just says the company!

I found one that looks almost identical (heck, it might even be except it's hard to see real coloring on the computer) and it was made somewhere around 1940 and was part of the company's new method of merchandising china by displaying them in the store in a few different sets. Maybe you fancy china people know this, but it's something I've never ever looked into. It's called Add+A+Place and I think my Great-Grandma bought each of the different groupings, because she has all the different serving dishes, and bought each place setting at $1.00 each. I'll have to do some more research. I think it would be really cool to find the missing pieces and have a full china set again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: