Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gifts For A Girl Shower

My friend Bri had her baby shower this past weekend. I've been working on some things since before Mason was born, knowing I wouldn't have that much extra time before her second little girl arrived. I finally finished this stuff on Thanksgiving day!
Bri said she needed things to decorate the new baby's room, so I wanted to do at least ONE thing to hang in the room. Her nursery colors are pink and green so I used pink and green (and a few others) scraps to make this appliqued house with flowers. I got the idea from here.
I also made some dresses for the little gal from onesies with a skirt sewn on. I've seen these all over blog land, so I'm sure you have too. You just cut a onesie in half, make a skirt, and sew it all back together again.


And then I made her this princess and the pea quilt. I got the idea from here, at Moda Bake Shop. The tutorial used 40 strips of fabric, but I just used 24, making some strips 2 1/2" wide instead of 1 1/2". I think either way is really cute. I backed it with a pink and green floral vintage fabric that I found at an antique store, and I'm really bummed that I forgot to take a picture of it...

Congrats again Bri, and I can't wait to meet Baby Girl #2!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Thanks so much, Kim! You are amazing! Eric said that you totally out do me. It's true. You are over the top. I can't wait for baby girl to get here so she can see all of her cute stuff :-).

Brandy said...

Dear Kim-
Please make me a princess and the pea quilt...cause now I want one too! How come babies get all the good stuff?! And please come visit me ASAP...cause I miss your face like crazy.

Love,
B

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

I love the quilt! It is DARLING! I love the little sewn on green button at the bottom. JUST PERFECT! I want one!