Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Week 2009 Part 2

We all enjoyed a Thanksgiving breakfast of pumpkin pie. We were introduced to this tradition a few years ago and decided it was a keeper. After eating a huge meal, there's no room for pie. Why not eat it first, for breakfast?


As soon as B and M (oh, how sad, my children are BM!) were napping, I got to work. Here's our table. Nothing fancy, but there ARE flowers and a pumpkin. My crystal glasses were a later addition.

Doing dishes while I wait for my dough to rise!

The tree in all it's glory. I made a new bow for the top this year, and a new tree skirt (not the one you see). More on that later.

We managed to get a family picture with the help of the timer.

Mason also turned 3 months on Thanksgiving. He is doing awesome. I got on the scale with him and he's about 14 lbs. give or take. He's officially in 3-6 month clothes, though he's been wearing some things for a few weeks now. And he's had his second haircut.

He started sleeping through the night pretty much at the beginning of the month, eating at 9 or 10 and then sleeping until 7am. But as of the last few days he's been eating at 8 or 9 and sleeping until 7! We're so close to 12 hours I can taste it! Brighton was sleeping 7 to 7 by four months, so we'll see if he'll do it too.

He eats every 3 and a half hours during the day, drinking 7-9 ounces at a time. What a FATTY! I think rice cereal will be on the menu starting next month. I can't believe it's already that time. Where did my baby go!? I've also stopped pumping breast milk. It was just taking up too much time and I wasn't really able to pump enough for him to eat anymore, so I figured it was time to throw in the towel. The pediatrician recommended I stick it out until he was 3 months, so that was my goal.

Mason's started grabbing at toys and my hair and chewing and sucking his fingers. Brighton is teaching him her sign language that she's learned and singing all the songs she knows to him (there are quite a few). He loves tummy time and can do a great push up, enjoying his new view of the world. He "talks" a lot, cooing and lots of other funny sounds. And, he started giggling a few days ago. He's such a mresh-ess man!

Brighton also had some exciting things happen last week. She went to the dentist for the first time, and no surprise, her teeth look awesome. She did a great job.

We also worked on using the potty since Dale was home to help me. She sat on it a lot, and peed on the carpet a lot, but didn't make it in the potty. But she managed to make it to the potty in time once on Sunday night, and again yesterday and today, once each day. She's getting better. Slowly, but it's finally happening!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, girl, you've been so busy and it looks like Thanksgiving was a real treat...hey, a play on words :-) If you are still up for New Moon sometime soon, let me know - it looks like Hawaii will be towards the end of the month, so I should be available! P.S. The kids are adorable as ever in these pics.