Sunday, August 3, 2008

From a Shirt to a Dress

So I found this tutorial online for a button-up shirt turned into a girl's dress, and I seriously cannot believe how creative some people are... So I had to try it out for myself! I found this Gap shirt at the second hand store for 99 cents! I thought it had a great pattern on it, cute paisley, that would be great if turned into a little girl's dress.
And VOILA! It was! So cute! I can't wait until Brighton is big enough to wear it, in like 2-3 years... I tried to do the knife pleating just like the lady in the tutorial did, and it was a nightmare! But turned out really cute.
You can see the cute ruffly sleeve and the pleating on the neck line. I'm going to work on making full sleeves on another one! Yay!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brianne said...

That turned out so cute! I'm so impressed!