I finished the curtains yesterday! Dale bought my sewing machine for my birthday LAST YEAR in the hopes that I would make him a quilt and some curtains. I have yet to finish that first quilt I started (I WILL one day) but finally got my butt in gear to pump these babies out! Here's some before pictures of the window in our living room. It's coming together, slowly, piece by piece.
We usually have this couch sitting in front of the window. I CAN'T WAIT to get rid of it, but until Dale agrees to buy me two nice new chairs (and NOT recliners) we're keeping it so that we have places for people to sit when they come over.
I'm not going to mention any names- he knows who he is. But SOMEONE decided to start drilling holes and hanging brackets without measuring or listening to how far out from the edge of the window I wanted these things to hang. So, that someone is going to have to take this down, fill in all those holes, paint over them, and drill some new holes for the brackets and then I'm going to have to refluff and rehang. But you get the general idea, and we wanted to share the new curtains with you. Instead of the tassels, I have some nice holdbacks that we're going to use- but I put a freeze on the usuage of the drill for the rest of the evening.
This chair (my favorite!) usually sits on the other side of the living room, but I used it to show Dale just how AWESOME it would be to have chairs instead of a couch. He also said all on his own (finally agreed with me) that anything bigger than this chair would be too big. GOODBYE recliners! I think it worked! I may get those chairs sooner than I thought!