Monday, July 14, 2008

Reupholster SUCCESS!

So, I got this crazy idea a few months back that I was going to try and reupholster a chair. I was bored, wanted a new craft, I don't know, but I had to do it. I found this chair on Craig's List, for FREE. That's right, $0, besides the gas that I burned up to get it. It's been sitting in my living room for many weeks now, and I've been too scared to actually start. But, Dale has been a huge support and a big help (he was just as excited about it as I was) and we dove in!

I was so scared when I started to cut out the new pieces in the brand new, nice fabric. Luckily, I ordered like 5 yards too many, so I had plenty for mistakes, and now have enough for a possible matching ottoman...hmmm? It was such a fun project and it was so nice for both Dale and I to spend time together working on it. He's already given me permission to find more free things on Craig's List to spruce up! I love making things look new again!
We just finished it tonight! Our BRAND NEW fancy wing back. FABULOUS!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

As you know, I LOVE that chair. You guys did such a great job with matching up all of the fabric. I'm so impressed. I think a matching ottoman would look great. I'm also super impressed that you got the chair for free!

The O'Neils said...

funny thing...when I was looking at your post before...I was thinking I really like the black and white chair. AWESOME job!