Monday, January 18, 2010

Dale's 30th Birthday Party

Dale was such a sport and let me throw him a party for his 30th birthday. I promised I wouldn't throw him another one for 10 years. If he thinks this one was a little too much for him, just wait until the 40th! I've got 10 years to plan! Muahahah!
We did a rocking 80's themed party to celebrate! I made a PacMan cake! And some cupcakes for his power pellets, and I even did some ghosts: Inky, Pinky, Clyde and Blinky.
We had lots of neon, balloons, and streamers. And I found a whole bunch of cassette tapes and decorated with those!
I used Twister as a table cloth, strung cassettes from the lights, and mirror and stacked them on the tables. I filled vases with glow sticks, pixy stix, and candy necklaces.
I also made a garland of them and hung them over our TV, here, and put one on the knocker on our door. There were A LOT.

We did 30 questions of 80's trivia, listened to the top 100 of the 80's, and ended the night with one of the greatest 80's movies not made in the 80's: The Wedding Singer.

No comments: