Goals For 2010
1. I'm going to attempt to not spend money. I really want to try and buy nothing new. My motto for the year, "Make do, or do without." We'll see how it goes. I figure there are exceptions: birthday parties, really great deals, and anything else I deem necessary. Oh, and if I have a JoAnn's coupon. That necessitates a trip. And garage sales... and let's just say anything second hand... (this already isn't going very well...)
2. In saving money (and being healthy), I want to pack Dale's lunch for him. He usually orders lunches for Dr.s so I don't have to worry about it too often. But it's a lot healthier than him eating Panda every week. Gross.
3. I am trying to make exercise a priority. Typically housework is just under "Keep Kids Alive," which is my #1 priority. Not anymore! (well, the kids are still #1, but I'm #2!) So, my goal is to get a good workout (for me, an hour is good) at least 3 days a week. A friend and I were talking about this- 3 is doable. If I can get more in, great. If not, than I don't feel bad about myself.
4. I want to get back into running. I've been too lazy for too long. I started the Couch to 5K program to get back into good cardio shape and I'm on week 5 (there are 9 weeks total)! I'd like to have races to work towards so it looks like I'll be running a 5k in March?! Yikes.
5. I want to have a 100% record for Visiting Teaching. Even those women who won't take our calls and won't answer the door when we come knocking- we'll figure out something. I've got a great companion, so that shouldn't be too hard for us.
6. I want to read the entire Ensign each month. There are many months where I just read articles that sound good to me or just the article from the First Presidency. Not anymore!
7. Dale and I set up savings accounts for both Brighton and Mason. We want to put $50 into each of them each month. And we're not going to tell them about the accounts. :)
8. Lose the baby weight! With Mason not breastfeeding, I've been really nervous about getting the extra weight off. Maybe I'm vain but I want the weight gone! I've got 7 pounds to go!
9. I want to learn to make bread. I just can't seem to get it right. Perhaps this year is my year! And I want to learn to make jam or jelly. I don't know the difference. Perhaps in learning how to make it, I'll figure that out.
10. I want to read a book every month. I'd prefer it to be a new book because most of my books I've read more times than I'd care to mention. If anyone has any good recommendations, please let me know. I still need to get one read for January!
THE END! Wish me luck, Happy New Year to everyone, and good luck with your own goals this year. 2010 is our year!