I love this wreath! I made it a few weeks ago and wanted to share with you how I did it because it was just so easy.
Here's what you need:
2. Wired Ribbons in 3 different patterns (the more contrasting the patterns, the better)- I used a glittered green, velvet red, and music sheet with cherubs gold. My ribbon is 2.5" wide.
3. Foam Floral Wreath (mine is 12" in diameter)
4. Glue Gun
5. Wire or a twist tie
6. Over the door wreath hook
My ribbons are from Costco. I bought them a few years ago to make a bow for my Christmas tree, and the leftovers have come in handy! You need quite a few yards, so look for sales, use your coupons, or buy in bulk like I did.
1. I used 5 yards of the gold ribbon to cover the foam wreath. Glue the end in place on the flat side of the wreath and just start wrapping. I overlapped about half the width of the ribbon. You could get away with using less yardage if you overlap less-depending on how wide your ribbon is.
2. Glue the end down in the back and let dry.
It's pretty just like this.
3. Cut 12 strips of each color ribbon measuring 25" long so you'll have 36 total strips (Ribbon yardage: you'll need about 8 and 1/3 yards of each color ribbon). I cut the ends at a diagonal. Cut two extra strips out of which ever ribbon you'd like for the bow.
4. Take a strip and fold it in half.
5. Slide it under the wreath (Round side on top, flat side on bottom).
6. Tuck those ribbon ends into the loop.
7. Pull tight! But not too tight, we don't want to break the wreath.
8. Repeat 35 more times alternating ribbons in whatever pattern you prefer. Be sure to push the knots close to each other and overlap the ribbons.
9. Take your two extra ribbon strips and fold in half. Lay one on top of the other like the picture.
10. Pinch the center together.
11. Wrap with wire or a twist tie, leaving some wire to attach the bow.
12. I attached the bow the my hook and Viola!
I'm ready for Christmas. Dale hates wreaths and he told me he actually likes this one. That makes it a keeper for sure.
Now the Giveaway- I know that's what lured you. I made a second wreath for the tutorial pictures and what do I need a second wreath for?! If only I had double doors...
Leave a comment here (this means you, you lurker) and I'll randomly select a winner next Friday. If you don't have a blogger account and can't leave comments, email me at email@example.com and I'll add your name to the drawing.
If you make a wreath, let me know, I'd love to see it.