Sunday, September 25, 2011

Clothes for Mason

There really aren't too many things out there that you can make for boys. I hate that! But I do love MADE and she has a bunch of boy tutorials.
Looking at her stuff inspired me to find some solid tees for M and get painting! (made with freezer paper stencils)

I also copied her George Washington t-shirt, and made an argyle tee.

I saw a tutorial forever ago on doing this, but I don't remember where at. Luckily I filed it away in my brain! I just cut some diamond shapes from black knit, used steam-a-seam to glue it down and stitched around, and then used blue embroidery floss to stitch the accent diamonds. Easy!

But here's the sad thing: I bought this blue shirt to make it for Mason before he was even born. Cleaning out my sewing room, I found it again and saw that it was 12 month size. So, he won't be wearing it at all. Maybe it'll be gifted to someone having a boy soon? Who knows!

I also went through my scraps and found some that were big enough to use my tie pattern to make some big boys ties for my little man. He loves them and always asks for one on Sundays when he knows we're going to church.

You crafty moms with boys, what are some of your favorite things to make for them? Or what blogs have you found have cute boy stuff? Share with me please!

1 comment:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

I need to get that pattern from make it and love it.