Saturday, September 10, 2011

Men's Shirt Make-Over

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, I see it everywhere, but every time I've tried, it was a disaster. This time it was going to be different! I was inspired to jump back on the horse when I read this. Seriously love this woman's blog.
I found this shirt for $1 at Goodwill. I really liked the manliness of the print, but the soft (I'd could say feminine) buttery color.

Go at it with some scissors (and a sewing machine) and VOILA!

I also made some pins to wear with it (I did not make the brown one- still love wearing that one Jill, thanks again!)

I used the long sleeves to make a tie that wraps around my waist twice.

I've been on an "Extreme Makeover- Wardrobe Edition" kick lately- Julie Spitwad, I blame you entirely! She sent me a link to another blog which led me to another and another and another.

A few months ago I decided my motto was going to be "Start Nothing, Finish Something." These blogs just make me want to do new things. Plus, the hunt for the perfect shirt/skirt to refashion is all part of the fun, too. Ok, stay tuned, I have a few more projects from this past week to share with you- sometimes it's nice being sick and having an excuse to not clean and just sit.

4 comments:

SeeJulieStamp said...

Awesome! I totally didn't expect to see my name in there! I love to see what you create.

THE LEWIS' said...

oh my goodness. i am so jealous of your talent. i want a shirt like this!!! that is so cool! i might just have to try this. thanks for the inspiration. i dont think it will turn out as good but i will have to post and let you know how it goes.

Jessica said...

Everything you do wows me, but this really made an ugly duckling beautiful. Love it!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

that is awesome! I wish I could pull off that style. Love it