Sunday, September 25, 2011

Labor Day 1/2 Marathon

I ran the Labor Day 1/2 Marathon again this year. I'd been sick for the two weeks before with a wonderful cold- runny nose, lost my voice, and coughed all day and night. I decided to give up running for those two weeks so I could just let me body rest. My one goal was to beat my time from last year: 1:50:49. I wasn't going to worry about anything else, just had to come in under that time.
This is at mile 11. I'd had a good start, but went out way too fast. I kept trying to tell myself to slow the heck down! I was feeling pretty crappy by mile 6, where they handed out some Goo and I snagged one to give it a try. I've never tried any of that stuff- I usually just eat and drink before and after a run, never during, so this was going to be interesting!

I got a really disgusting orange flavored goo, washed it down with some water and then felt a rock in my stomach for the next 20 minutes. But then! I felt a wonderful burst of energy! It was awesome. So I decided that the stomachache is definitely worth it in the end. : )

Dale hung out with the kids at the park at mile 11 until I cam running by. And then he BARELY made it to see me finish.
Here I am running across the finish!

The clock says 1:46:04, my watch said 1:46:11 and the results page says I got 1:45:49. I think I like that last one better, so I'm going to stick with that one. : )

Race Stats:
860 runners total
421 Females/439 Males
average race time 2:00:30
I got 219th place overall
Of the 421 females, I was #58
In my division of 25-29 year-olds, I was 11th out of 59
My average pace was 8:05/mile

Even with being sick, I still managed to get exactly 5 minutes better than last year! Yay!

1 comment:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

awesome. I wish we still lived closer so you could be my running coach!