Sunday, February 28, 2010

Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza

We eat pizza at least once a week. It's my easy, go-to meal. I'm good with a plain cheese or pepperoni. Dale likes a good BBQ chicken. But sometimes I need to break out of the box and try something new. If you have other pizza topping suggestions, please tell me what you like! I make this pasta that Dale just LOVES. It's the same sauce I made for this pizza, you just put it on noodles. Everyone loves it, even my little brother who hates everything these days. So enjoy!

Crust:
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

I'm a cheater and use my mixer for making pizza crust. If you don't have one, you should get one, because kneading dough by hand in NO FUN! Combine the water and yeast in your bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups flour (if doing by hand, add a cup at a time, mixing after each addition), salt, and olive oil. Knead until a nice, not too firm, non-sticky dough is formed. I actually like to leave it just a tinge sticky. Let rise double (about an hour on a not too cold day, 30 minutes in the summer).
Now for the Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sauce. Mmmmm.
Ingredients:
3 slices of bacon, cut into strips
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
1 1/4 cup milk

1. Cook the bacon until it's nice and crispy.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and leave all that yummy grease in your pan.
3. Add your chicken chunks to the bacon grease.
4. Cook chicken until golden brown.
5. Combine flour and ranch mix together (I've found this works at making the flour not clump together too much).
6. Sprinkle over the chicken and greases.
7. Stir it up so the grease is absorbed and the chicken is nice and breaded.
8. Add the milk to your pan and bring to a boil.
9. Let it simmer for a few minutes until it gets nice and thick.
10. Your dough should be ready by now! Spray your pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal, if it tickles your fancy.
11. Press your dough into a nice circle with raised edges to keep all that sauce in!
12. Pour on the sauce! I added the bacon back in, which is what you'd do if you were making the pasta, but I think it would be better sprinkled on the top of the pizza. Take your pick.
13. Cover with lots of mozzarella cheese, and I added some Parmesan for more yummy flavor. I add Parmesan to everything. We don't like onions in the house, or peppers or any of those fancy, grown-up vegetables. So if you like those, add them to the top! Also, put that crispy bacon on top for added color. I sprinkled some basil on top. I also hide spinach on the pizza sometimes to get B and Dale to eat veggies.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! I will have to try this recipe. We make homemade pizza now, so I have been wanting to try something new. Our favorite is canadian bacon and pineapple. We also do jalepeno and pepperoni.