Friday, February 12, 2010

Shirt For Brighton

Another creation from Carefree Clothes for Girls. This little top is THE REASON I wanted this book. I was just so in love with it.
I picked up a yard of this fabric for $1! Awesome. I saw it on clearance at JoAnns and didn't buy it because I couldn't think of a use for it. Then they had a 50% of all clearance sale. I had to get it even if I didn't know what I'd do with it. I just loved it too much. I got the doily at the second hand store for 50 cents. $1.50 isn't bad for a new super cute shirt that B loves.

I love the simplicity of these patterns. They have very few pieces and come together quickly. I love the HANDmade look, but I'm not a super big fan of the author's "HOMEmade" look. Most edges are left unfinished to fray. I added another 1/2" to the bottom for a finished hem but decided I might like the little sleeves to fray a bit.
Up close of fabric and doily.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: