Friday, October 10, 2008

Crafty Daze

I've been taking a break from making family Christmas gifts (are you honestly surprised I'm working on them this early? There's only like 75-ish days until Christmas!) and making some things that have been on the back of my mind forever! The above picture is a growth chart that I made. Props to Dale, he thought I bought it. I was very flattered. I figure it's about time to start tracking Brighton's growth and having my own personal way to display it. It's hanging up in the kitchen right now (hence, the green wall, which I actually think looks really nice- I might have to make something else for the kitchen with this same stuff). I'm not sure what to use to mark the heights. What do you guys think? I want to use this for all of our children, not just B, so I want it to last. I got the idea from here, and you can see she used tags or a clothes pin. I'm looking for something a bit more cute- and permanent. I DO NOT want the things falling off.
And it's getting colder and I've been thinking that Brighton needs a NEW Sleepy Sac. I really didn't want to buy a new one, they can be almost ridiculously pricey- if you want a cute one anyway- and I DEFINITELY didn't want one with puppies, clouds or ducks all over it. So, I dove into the remnant section at the craft store, and while they didn't have anything I loved, they did have this hideous zebra print. Hey, it's not ducks, ok? And it was only $5 for a yard of it, so I have plenty of extra to make something else out of this amazing fabric! I just used one of her smaller ones as a reference for how/ how big to make it. Oh, and I had that amazing red zipper already- so it cost me only pennies to make! Yay for saving money to spend it on other stuff!
I had to distract B with a hanger so I could try it on her. She crazy!
I also am working on making tutus! I'm not completely happy with it, but it's fine for dress up! Brighton hates it right now, but she'll soon learn to love them! She was actually starting to cry and rip it off as I took this picture. Ok, enough procrastinating on the Christmas presents, I'm ready for another couple days of crafting for others!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brianne said...

How do you have the time??? You're making me look bad ;-). I don't know what you should do about the growth chart. I'm making one out of plywood and I'm planning on just writing on it with a thin sharpie. Not too exciting. And don't worry, I'm making Christmas presents already too.