Friday, October 17, 2008

You Know What Stinks About...

making your gifts for Christmas 68 days in advance? There is a total lack of closure when you finish a project. I spend all this time making something wonderful. I show Dale who, bless his heart, tries to act like it's awesome, even though I've shown it to him like 50 times during the creation process. I look at all the fun things I've made, and as they sit in a pile on my craft room floor, I can't help but wish that Christmas was a bit closer. I've even been tempted to send them early, just so that I can get the satisfaction of an ooh or ahh from the giftee. It's purely selfish. I can't even post them on my blog for friends to see because my family checks the blog on a regular basis, sometimes even reminding me that I haven't put up anything new in 24 hours. So, I will continue to work and wait patiently for the wonderful feeling of joy when the giftee opens their handcrafted gift and thanks me for the time and love that went into it. It's only 68 days, 12 hours and 5 minutes until Christmas, but who's counting?

Until then, enjoy this picture from Dale's mutual activity a few weeks ago. They had a photo scavenger hunt, and they're in front of my house, doing who knows what.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Are they spelling "cake"? Poor Azzlinn, on a team with 3 boys...